Education matters. Whatever you do after graduation, wherever you live, you will never be far removed from this cornerstone of our society. Education, Schooling, and Society (ESS) is an interdisciplinary minor that uses a big picture perspective to help you understand and influence education here and abroad.
To sign up or simply learn more, email Ann Primus Berends to make an appointment.
[Pictured above: a segment of ESS student Emily Okawara's final photo project for her Philosophy of Education course, in which she asked fellow students "What do you know for certain?"]
If you're interested in questions like these...
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence student learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
...become an ESS minor!
Contact Ann Primus Berends to learn more and/or sign up.
Announcements, Events, and Opportunities
ESS SENIOR GRADUATION RECEPTION! Seniors and their families are cordially invited to this open house celebration of their graduation. Friday, May 18, 10:00 am - 12:00 noon. RSVP here.
GAP YEAR OPPORTUNITIES via the Center for Social Concerns. Click here to learn more.
INTERESTED IN TEACHING RESIDENCIES? Check these out!