The minor consists of 15 credits, including an introductory course, two education-focused electives, on education-general course that treats education as part of a broader subject, and a research-intensive capstone experience.
In addition to these requirements, the supplementary major requires the following:
- an educationally-relevant community based learning course
- an educationally-relevant research methods course
- one additional education-focused elective
- a minimum of 14 hours of service, research, teaching, or structured observation in PK-12 schools or educationally-relevant community organizations serving PK-12 students.
- selection of one of the following tracks to guide coursework: (a) learning sciences, (b) comparative education and policy, or (c) language, literacy, and culture.