If you're interested in questions like these...
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence educational achievement?
- How do students learn and which classroom and teacher factors influence learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
...become an ESS minor!
Contact Ann Primus Berends to learn more.
Announcements, Events, and Opportunities
Postgrad Service Education Panel, Tuesday, November 29, 6:30 pm, Geddes Hall Andrews Auditorium. Panelists from Teach for America, Alliance for Catholic Education, and City Year review their programs, share their own service experiences, and give advice for students considering teaching or tutoring after graduation. Moderated by seniors who will be participating in TFA and ACE next year.
ESS Lunch-n-Learn, Friday, December 2, 12-1pm, McGlinn Room (off Remick Commons). For ESS sophomores and juniors, this one-hour session offers you pizza and everything you need to know about research!
The American Educational Research Association (AERA) invites applications for an Undergraduate Student Education Research Training Workshop to be held Thursday, April 27th – Saturday, April 29th during the 2017 Annual Meeting in San Antonio, TX. Find the application here: AERA Undergraduate Research Training Workshop Application). Deadline is December 1, 2016
Getting Started in Research, Tuesday, November 8, 4-5 pm, CUSE (Brownson Hall). This workshop will help you get started on research or another creative endeavor at ND.
Wondering about service- and education-related opportunities at Notre Dame? Click here to find a host of information to guide you.