Education matters. Whatever you aim to do after graduation, you will never be far removed from education in our society. This interdisciplinary minor uses a big picture perspective to help you understand and influence education here and abroad. If you'd like to sign up, or simply learn more, email Ann Primus Berends to make an appointment.
If you're interested in questions like these...
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence educational achievement?
- How do students learn and which classroom and teacher factors influence learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
...become an ESS Minor!
Contact Ann Primus Berends to learn more.
Announcements, Events, and Opportunities
ESS Lunch-n-Learn, Friday, December 2, 12-1pm. For ESS sophomores and juniors, this one-hour session offers you pizza and everything you need to know about research!
Wondering about service- and education-related opportunities at Notre Dame? Click here to find a host of information to guide you.
The American Educational Research Association (AERA) invites applications for an Undergraduate Student Education Research Training Workshop to be held Thursday, April 27th – Saturday, April 29th during the 2017 Annual Meeting in San Antonio, TX. Find the application here: AERA Undergraduate Research Training Workshop Application). Deadline is December 1, 2016