The interdisciplinary minor in Education, Schooling, and Society (ESS) uses a liberal arts perspective to reflect on, understand, and influence education in society. If you're interested in the program, email Ann Primus Berends to make an appointment.
Interested in education?
Become an ESS Minor!
Study important questions, including:
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence educational achievement?
- How do students learn and which classroom and teacher factors influence learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
Contact the ESS Office to learn more.
ESS Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores, we look forward to welcoming you back for the fall semester. Classes begin August 26!
US students from educated families lag behind in international tests. Find out why.