The interdisciplinary minor in Education, Schooling, and Society (ESS) uses a liberal arts perspective to reflect on, understand, and influence education in society. If you're interested in the program, email Ann Primus Berends to make an appointment.
Interested in education?
Become an ESS Minor!
Study important questions, including:
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence educational achievement?
- How do students learn and which classroom and teacher factors influence learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
Contact the ESS Office to learn more.
Congratulations, ESS graduates! From Teach for America, ACE, or City Year to graduate school to professional soccer, your adventures are beginning! We here at ESS wish you God's blessings. Stay in touch!
ESS Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores, we look forward to welcoming you back for the fall semester. Classes begin August 26!
The US Dept of Ed has launched a $3 million study to gauge the effectiveness of Khan Academy.