Education matters. Whatever you aim to be after graduation, you will never be far removed from education in our society. This interdisciplinary minor uses a big picture perspective to help you understand and influence education here and abroad. Interested? Email Ann Primus Berends to make an appointment.
If you're interested in questions like these...
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence educational achievement?
- How do students learn and which classroom and teacher factors influence learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
...become an ESS Minor!
Contact Ann Primus Berends to learn more.
Announcements, Events, and Opportunities
Education talk: Education Policy Effectiveness: Assessing the Impact of Full-day Kindergarten, Chloe Gibbs, Ph.D., Wed, Dec 2,12:30PM, Remick Commons. Lunch provided. RSVP here.
Postgrad service info session: Cristo Rey New York High School (CRNY), Fri,Dec 4,12-3PM, Geddes Hall, McNeill Library Renée Roden, ND '14, currently in her second year as a volunteer, will host to describe this full-time, two-year, residential volunteer program. Contact Renée with any questions. Students who would like to apply are invited to submit resumes to Renee in advance of her visit.