Education matters. Whatever you aim to do after graduation, you will never be far removed from education in our society. This interdisciplinary minor uses a big picture perspective to help you understand and influence education here and abroad. If you'd like to sign up, or simply learn more, email Ann Primus Berends to make an appointment.
If you're interested in questions like these...
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence educational achievement?
- How do students learn and which classroom and teacher factors influence learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
...become an ESS Minor!
Contact Ann Primus Berends to learn more.
Announcements, Events, and Opportunities
Undergrad research funding via CUSE: There are four specialty grant opportunities offered for students, each with different eligibility requirements, application procedures, and deadlines. For the full listing of CUSE specialty grants, click here.
Post-graduate service opportunities: Info Session on Open Arms: A home for children in South Africa. Service opportunities include teaching, tutoring, mentoring, and assisting with activities. One year positions. Applications are due Wednesday, February 3. Email Karen Manier to learn more.