Education matters. Whatever you aim to do after graduation, you will never be far removed from education in our society. This interdisciplinary minor uses a big picture perspective to help you understand and influence education here and abroad. If you'd like to sign up, or simply learn more, email Ann Primus Berends to make an appointment.
If you're interested in questions like these...
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence educational achievement?
- How do students learn and which classroom and teacher factors influence learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
...become an ESS Minor!
Contact Ann Primus Berends to learn more.
Announcements, Events, and Opportunities
Getting Started in Undergraduate Research, Monday, September 26, 4:00 - 5:00 pm, 110 Brownson Hall Think Tank
Post-graduate Service Fair, Wednesday, September 28, 5-8 pm, Joyce Center Fieldhouse
Senior Thesis Boot Camp, Fall Break, Hesburgh Libraries. Click here to register. The libraries provides food, coffee, writing space and brief presentations to keep you motivated in completing your Senior Thesis.
Seton Education Partners is hiring! Are you looking for a rewarding career? Seton pioneers “break-the-mold” approaches to achieving the goals of Catholic education in an economically viable way. Apply today!