The interdisciplinary minor in Education, Schooling, and Society (ESS) uses a liberal arts perspective to reflect on, understand, and influence education in society. If you're interested in the program, email Ann Primus Berends to make an appointment.
Interested in questions like these?...
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence educational achievement?
- How do students learn and which classroom and teacher factors influence learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
Become an ESS Minor!
Contact the ESS Office to learn more.
Announcements, Events, and Opportunities!
For your consideration: AERA (American Educational Research Association)'s Undergraduate Research Workshop, Spring 2015. ESS students who have participated in this rave about the experience! Application (including letter of recommendation and official transcriptions) due 12/10/14. To learn more, go here.
Interested in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL)? How about a TESOL minor? Help us by taking this 2 question survey.
ND’s annual Student Peace Conference Call for Papers/Posters/Discussions/Workshops: December 19, deadline for priority submission; January 19, 2015 final deadline. Conference scheduled for March 27-28, 2015, Hesburgh Center. Theme: Persisting Challenges, New Frontiers. Questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like us on Facebook