Education matters. Whatever you do after graduation, wherever you live, you will never be far removed from this cornerstone of our society. Education, Schooling, and Society (ESS) is an interdisciplinary minor that uses a big picture perspective to help you understand and influence education here and abroad.
To sign up or simply learn more, email Ann Primus Berends to make an appointment.
[Pictured above: ESS students gathered for our annual dinner with South Bend school leaders on 8/28/18]
If you're interested in questions like these...
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence student learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
...become an ESS minor!
Contact Ann Primus Berends to learn more and/or sign up.
Announcements, Events, and Opportunities
LECTURE ON POVERTY & INEQUALITY this Friday, September 21, 12:30 pm, Jenkins Nanovic Hall, B101. Join us!
GAP YEAR OPPORTUNITIES via the Center for Social Concerns. Click here to learn more.
INTERESTED IN TEACHING RESIDENCIES? Check these out!