The interdisciplinary minor in Education, Schooling, and Society (ESS) uses the tools and resources of a liberal arts perspective to reflect on, understand, and influence the role of education in society.
Interested in Education?
Become an ESS Minor!
Study important questions, including:
- What is the purpose of education?
- How does the history of the US educational system contribute to its present form and goals?
- Are educational opportunities equitable for all?
- What factors influence educational achievement?
- How do students learn and which classroom and teacher factors influence learning?
- How does education contribute to the development of the "good" citizen and the "just" society?
Contact the ESS Office to learn more!
First-Year Students: Check us out at the Arts & Letters Orientation! August 24, 3:45-5:45pm.
Sophomores: Interested in issues in education? Contact the ESS Office to learn more about the minor and to join ESS!